Saturday 22 January 2011

NOTHING LIKE SECURITY


How surprised I was yesterday morning to find a body stretched out on the sofa which is one of a pair on the landing outside my bedroom. The body, male, unshaven and snoring peacefully had obviously either lost his key whilst out on the town or was someone who had wandered in off the street pissed and probably could not believe his good fortune when a large leather sofa swum into view. So there he was. As you can imagine he was the talk of the table at breakfast. Luckily our 'rep' arrived mid discussion and upon hearing about the affair promptly informed the hotel manager who sent some poor young waiter to deal with the problem. I can already hear you ask how the dosser managed to evade hotel security in the dead of night. We asked the same question, already knowing the answer....there is no security.

At no time during my stay so far has the front door been locked, and neither has the boot room, leaving hundreds of pounds worth of equipment free to anyone who so wanted it. She then informed us that it was actually our responsibility to make sure the door was locked at all times. I pointed out that this instruction had never been given and would be particularly difficult to achieve with her original request that we leave keys at reception when we went out. This I realised was so that anyone wandering in from the street would not have to suffer the inconvenience of sleeping on a sofa but could actually find a bed to sleep in together with a change of clothes and some cash. The rumours of a first class Austrian social service system based on the famous 'Care In The Community' one we have in good old GB I realise now are true. I am looking forward to my next stay at a Crystal hotel when hopefully Imay get a chance to to do the cooking and cleaning as well as try my hand at security.

No comments:

Post a Comment