Monday 8 March 2010

BEAM ME UP I'VE HAD ENOUGH!

-
What the........?
-
Strange goings on today. I walked into my place of work with the usual Monday morning feeling to be greeted by the apparition above. At first I thought that I had died and gone to wherever it is one goes to when the Grim One calls your name, but no, what I saw before me was no unearthly spectre. So, I thought to myself I must be dreaming, still tucked up in my cosy Harlington bed. The greater mystery was why was I dreaming about my visit, detailed on these pages, of my recent visit to The California Inn one of Luton's 'alternative' bars? It looked real enough, as real as the transvestite blonde that had accosted me in said establishment. But hang on, this one, unlike the previous (I add hastily) had a familiar visage. Surely it could not be....my very good friend....Liam O'Donnell????

Confused, I rubbed my disbelieving eyes as it stood there before me smiling inanely. I ventured a few stumbling words. 'Liam. Is that you, I must say you look a bit...well how can I put it.....gay.' Swiftly, not waiting for a reply I moved on and past it hoping with mounting desperation that I would soon find myself fumbling for the alarm clock as it screeched it's mournful message. However there was no awakening, for this readers, was reality. Yes, reality. This was happening in my place of work. As I reached the sanity of my classroom I was soon to be found switching on my computer. My union was surely going to hear about this. I don't know what 'in the workplace' it was but it for sure hadn't been good for me, not at this time of day!

1 comment:

  1. I really don´t understand! Sorry for my bad reading english! Take it at Skype!

    ReplyDelete