Tuesday 16 February 2010

THE BIG MISTAKE

-
-
Made a big mistake today-Went to IKEA. Everyone knows not to do that when it’s either the weekend or a school holiday. When I saw how many cars there were in the car park I should have done an impression of an Italian tank commander in the WWII and turned round and gone home. Once inside the Swedish superstore became Disneyland UK. Children tore around the store with their parents seemingly unable to stop them. I am ashamed to admit it but once I had selected one of my purchases, I roller blind for the kitchen, I placed it strategically on my trolley, sticking out at the perfect height to impale any brat who was not looking where he or she was going. Unfortunately-no victims.

_

Of course no visit to IKEA would be complete with a visit to the Swedish shop. Here they sell some of the things I miss since I foolishly returned home from Sweden in 1990. What a shame acres of unspoilt countryside and intelligent environmentally friendly people is not for purchase in the store. I had to make do with Kalles Caviar (med dill) assorted crispbreads and…..wait for it……………..just for Rustan…….yes…..pictured below, the one thing he needed to win our New Year’s Eve ‘Come Dine With Me’ cook off. I’m not going to open it mate. It will be here when you next visit, I’m looking forward to the real taste of Sweden. It’s the only one I’ll get round here!

-

1 comment:

  1. I´m back there cooking Meatballs with mashed potatoes and Lingonsylt when Mr. Newton has gone back to Sweden! Alan The Lingonsyltbastard! I think his Lingonsylt is still in the fridge at Sveagatan, Sweden!

    ReplyDelete