Friday 11 June 2010

HERE WE GO AGAIN

-
-
Like it or loathe it, and I love it, the Football World Cup is with us again. The build up has been relentless and once again English flags and pennants have sprung up all over the place willing our nation, usually nothing to be proud of, to step up to the plate and this time...just this time, do us proud. The inclusion of five Spurs players this time round can only be good of course, my boys will be fresh from an inspiring season in the league and ready to continue their form for their nation.

However, I was thinking last night, what can I do for my country, as John Fitzgerald Kennedy once famously said. The answer to this was easy. So on my way back through Flitwick I stopped at my friendly branch of Joe Coral. I reckon our four main rivals for the cup this year are, in no particular order, Spain, Brazil, Argentina and Holland. I placed bets on all of them, hoping the curse of Scaley, so recently felt by Everton, Aston Villa and Manchester City in the Premier League race for fourth place, won as we know by Super Spurs, would strike again. I walked from the shop with a smug look on my face. That'll teach them to be favourites. I actually got 10-1 on the Dutch!

Of course I am slightly worried still. Against my better judgement I failed to include The Germans in my death spread bet. As I heard someone say yesterday,'never discount the Germans'. I might get back to Corals tomorrow........

The greatest German ever!

Here he is in better colours

3 comments:

  1. So it´s time and now the opening match SA v Mex. And now when Sweden is not in, i put my money on ENGLAND, for som reason??!! What happen to Lennon? Is he in? He missed something, so easy to show up? So come on ENGLAND! But, don´t mention the war!!!! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And do not forget " A evening with Gary Liniker" Great movie!!!

    ReplyDelete