Saturday 27 February 2010

BROOKSIE'S BASH

The Legend Himself

What a great night we had last night. We were invited to the retirement party of good friend and legendary Cheats guitarist Chris Brooks. He was retiring from work not from playing and a good job too, for he has lost none of his old skills. In fact, as I told him, he must have been studying the ‘Play In A Day’ series of books since he left us six years ago, for his dexterity on the guitar to have improved so much. His band, a four piece with a guest appearance by the best sax man around Paul Jolly, ripped up the atmospheric Italian wine bar in his home town of Luton until the early hours of the morning. There was even an appearance from the local constabulary during the night, the irony of which was certainly not lost on me!


Featuring a mixture of reggae and folk, rock and blues classics the band’s two set were warmly received by an appreciative audience who danced the night away with vigour and verve. Brooksie had told me to bring my bass along for a jam, and by the end of the evening I was wishing I had. Good luck in retirement Brooksie mate. Like me you have earned it and you will enjoy it too. Now, if you ever need to play ‘I Shot The Sheriff’ again, I’m your man!

-

Music Is The Best


CLICK PLAY FOR VIDEO
Sorry it's a bit dark but the music is good!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a geat evening - see you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, John! Keep on! But not the Sweet Home Alabama thing, please!

    ReplyDelete